Business Process Improvement (BPI) is an approach designed to help organisations redesign their existing business operations to accomplish significant improvement in production. Effective BPI results in operational efficiency and customer focus and Lean Six Sigma is one such approach.
You will benefit from Quadra’s 28 years of experience in supporting and training organisations in all aspects of Lean and Six Sigma methods. Adopting such business improvement approaches can assist organisations to reduce lead time in processes, reduce cost, reduce the effort in processes and attain excellence in organisational process quality and consistency.
What is Lean Six Sigma
Six Sigma is a statistical-based, data-driven approach and continuous improvement methodology for eliminating defects in a product, process or service and is based on quality management fundamentals. This system has five phases known as DMAIC which lays out the processes of Lean Six Sigma.
The 5 Phases of Lean Six Sigma DMAIC define, measure, analyse, improve and control
- Define the problem and customer (internal and external) requirements.
- Project charter to define the focus, scope, direction, and motivation for the improvement team
- Measure process performance.
- Process map for recording the activities performed as part of a process
- Capability analysis to assess the ability of a process to meet specifications
- Analyse the process to determine root causes of variation, poor performance.
- Improve process performance by addressing and eliminating the root causes.
- Control the improved process and future process performance.
The appropriate application of tools for each phase becomes more critical for effectiveness than correctness, and you don’t need to use all the tools all the time. Quadra provides Lean and Six Sigma in-house training courses upon request and can cater to most bespoke training courses your organisation may need.