ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management standard will provide you with the framework you need to plan for the unexpected. It assists your organisation manage risks and protect your assets. This means that in the event of a crisis your company has plans in place to resume ‘business as usual’ as quickly as possible.
It helps all types of organisations. Regardless of size. Having a robust business continuity management system in place can assist to visibly prove the ability to maintain critical business services. Furthermore, potentially reduce public liability insurance costs, ensure peace of mind and resilience in the event of a disruption and to ensure business continuity management.
ISO 22301 Implementation
Implementing ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management helps in various ways;
- It needs you to take external parties and their requirements affected by the Business Continuity Management system into consideration
- It outlines acceptable timeframes for the continuation of activities for your organisations and your parties
- Enables you to consider the impact facing your organisation
- Requires you to implement and maintain business continuity management plans
- Helps you better manage disruptive incidents and continue activities
- Requires you to carry out a regular risk assessment, including those affecting interested parties and the wider community
ISO 22301 Considerations
In terms of successful implementation, it is important to remember the following;
- Understand your business: Business impact and risk assessment tools are used to identify the critical deliverables and enablers in your business, evaluating recovery priorities and assessing the risks which could lead to business interruption and/or damage to your organisation’s reputation.
- Develop your strategy for continuity: Determining the selection of alternative strategies available to mitigate loss, assessing the relative merits of these against the business environment and their likely effectiveness in maintaining the organisation’s critical business functions,
- Make continuous improvements: Improving the risk profile through improvements to operational procedures and practices, implementing alternative business strategies, using risk financing measures (including insurance) and building continuity plans.
- Engage the workforce: Introduction of the continuity management process by education and awareness of all stakeholders, including employees, customers, suppliers, and shareholders.
- Ongoing maintenance: Ongoing plan testing, auditing and change management of the continuity plan and its processes
Quadra has many years of experience assisting organisations understand the importance of implementing ISO 22301.
Contact us today on 028 9042 3222/01832 1493 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information